|Joe Quinlan, Bank of America (right) with Bellevue Chamber Past Chairman Craig Foreman, Merrill Lynch
“I love coming to Bellevue - you have a pulse!” – Keynote Speaker Joe Quinlan, Bank of America
The 23rd Eastside Economic Forecast Breakfast earlier this month was chock full of terrific fact, data and predictions for 2017. Click the links below for a few highlights.
Thanks to you we have amazing corporate leaders whose products and services range from hyper-local to global. You continue to attract the best and brightest companies and talent to our marketplace. As our Keynote Speaker Economic Strategist Joe Quinlan, Bank of America, noted in his opening remarks, “I love coming to Bellevue - you have a pulse!”
Each year, Joe names his top three must reads which are tied to both the global and US economy. This year’s list includes:
- Rise and Fall American Growth – Robert Gordon
- Future Crimes: Inside the Digital Underground and the Battle for our Connected World – Marc Goodman
- Wish Lanterns: Young lives in new China – Alec Ash
Another annual highlight of the event is our drill down on the pulse of the Eastside and region’s key economic indicators. Download the 2017 Eastside Economic Strategy Guide which is filled with 62 pages of incredible information. The guide is also easily viewable on your phones or tablets.
Did You Know?
- Bellevue is now Washington’s biggest majority-minority city
- Bellevue’s median household income is $99,000, even higher than Seattle’s
- Seattle is the fifth whitest among the nation’s major cities
- Bellevue continues to be a top tech talent marketplace
- The Bellevue School District has developed a computer science pathways program for all students pre-K to 12th grade. The program is ranked #2 in the world behind Shanghai, China.
Check out other interesting nuggets in the 2017 Economic Forecast Strategy Guide!