EKCC Growth Management 2018
Growth Management 2018 Session Position
As a state, we must be prepared for anticipated growth by ensuring that there is an adequate supply of economically feasible buildable land with the infrastructure to support it.
The East King Chambers Coalition requests the Legislature to do the following on our behalf:
• Reduce state regulations to lower cost and/or improve predictability for construction that might conflict with national regulations;
• Require losing land use appellants to bear the actual costs created by private challenges to land development;
• Provide state infrastructure funding tied to cost-effective local and regional investments;
• Maximize efficiency of existing and planned infrastructure to most effectively accommodate
• Enforce legislation that requires revenue from impact fees to remain restricted to designated
capital infrastructure and to be invested in a timely fashion;
• Encourage legislative action to implement tax increment financing to facilitate concentrated
urban growth. This would necessitate a public vote on a constitutional amendment.
• Provide additional revenue options to maintain and improve infrastructure outside the urban